Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Virtuoso - Any command to measure area of polygon or path ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickenvlsi

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
virtuoso layout measure area

Hi all,
In Cadence Virtuoso layout editor, is there any command to measure area of a polygon or path ?
What I currently do to measure the area of a shape is that I measure length and width using ruler, then calculate its area ( Which is widthxlength for a rectangular shape) and it is really time-consuming.
Thanks very much

how do i find path length in virtuoso

I don't think you have such a direct command in cadence...

but writing a skill code for the same involves just few steps

to measure an area

as the above said, i think this can do but caculating the area of a polygon need to be which ieda for the skill programming.

vituoso skill commands

Thank you very much for your replies
I really appreciate those!

area in polygon

you can use the skill to get the coordinates of the shape & based on that you can calculate the area.

Find a sample code below to calculate the prBounday area.

cv=dbOpenCellViewByType(lib_name cell_name "layout" nil "r")
xcoord=xCoord(cadar(setof(x cv~>shapes x~>lpp == list("prBoundary" "drawing"))~>bBox))
ycoord=yCoord(cadar(setof(x cv~>shapes x~>lpp == list("prBoundary" "drawing"))~>bBox))
area=xcoord*ycoord

Hope this helps..

virtuoso skill commands

Hi,
There are answers in Sourcelink.
Just search for product solution 11248454 for the polygons.
To get area of a path, try product solution 11422112 to get the path length & multiply by the width of your path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back