Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Virtual machine programs for using Linux on Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

anafor

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
You may use Virtualmachine program for using linux on windows

Re: virtual machine

yes
if you install wmware under windows you can install most linux version and work on it...
I'd install ubuntu, fedora and mandriva on virtual machines on my win xp home... now mac os too... :D

bye
edy

virtual machine

yes you can ,try it. virtual machine is a good tool

virtual machine

VM cannot fit runing large programms.

virtual machine

can You use Virtualmachine program for using unux on windows ?

virtual machine

sure! you can use VMware for installing any windows and unix/linux OS. But i think it's for beginning. When you get acquainted with it, you should install dual boot

there is also VirtualBox, which is opensource and work very well

damunix said:
there is also VirtualBox, which is opensource and work very well

I confirm that VirtualBox is very good VM software. I use both linux host and windows host versions and I've never had any problems.

virtual machine

Use VMWare on linux best !!!!
It is operating very good !!!

virtual machine

VMware is very good.

vmware release thinApp (ger this product from inthInstall Corp)

ThinApp package some DLL .. and make Execute software .

but some tool maybe need license file
can be package to signle file , and move to other PC ?

tieuquaybk said:
sure! you can use VMware for installing any windows and unix/linux OS. But i think it's for beginning. When you get acquainted with it, you should install dual boot

As tieuquaybk said a Virtual Machine it's a great tool for getting acquainted with different linux distro versions (www.distrowatch.com for all of them) ... you can see which is more appropriate for you ... But the greatest disadvantage is when you are trying to run complex applications ... you will surely need lots of free memory ... and even if you have sufficient you may still realize that it isn't running smoothly. best of luck . :D

VM is great because you eliminate the need and time loss to reboot, and can run diferent OS in the same time.
I prefer VM on Linux or FreeBSD and WinXP inside VM, with controlled/no internet access to Win. This way Windows runs securely inside *nix OS, though a bit slow.
*nix is a very stable and secure environment, and makes work more secure.

Xen is based on qemu? I used qemu standalone on Linux, it doesn't have full virtualization, but is fun to use.

virtual machine

for virtual, try vmware only, forget the other program.

I use VirtualBox, for me its the perfect program.

Status
Not open for further replies.