Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Virtex4 ISERDES and DCM configuration problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

saikat

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
iserdes

I am using an ISERDES for high speed sampling of an input signal. I have configured ISERDES in NETWORKING and DDR mode. The internal parallel data bits width of the ISERDES is configured as 8 bits wide (so the internal clock frequency should be 4 times less than the input clock frequency of the ISERDES as it is configured in DDR mode). I am using ML402 development board for the prototyping. I have 100MHz clock on board. When I used single DCM to multiply the clock to 200MHz and divide to 50MHz and give it to the ISERDES input side and backend side respectively, the ISERDES parallel output is perfectly fine. I capture the data in a FIFO to fetch it later on. But if I use two DCMs in cascade, to generate 400MHz and 100MHz to feed the ISERDES, the ISERDES parallel output is not correct.

Can anyone tell me what could be the problem area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back