Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Virtex2p, rocketIO, how to start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elektryk

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
virtex2p datasheet

For few days I wonder how to start developing rocketIO transmition device. Because I had some strange problems with porting xapp669 to xv2p50 I began own implementation. I know for stream transmition it need some fifo and fsm, but I want just to send "something". I have connected rxdata to dipswitch, txdata to leds and clocks. Clk pin is connected to 50MHz oscilator (rocketio needs minimum 50MHz clock, I guess for internal pll to work). When I connect 100MHz osciloscope do rocketIO tx pin, I can see little noise (about 100mV) and when I change powerdown or txinvert option it influent to signal. I know 100MHz osciloscope is not enought to see transmision, but I think there should be something visible. Can anyone see into my project (ISE) attached to this post and give me a clue? Thanks in advance.

PS Maybe someone have ported xapp669 to virtex 2pro, and can show me full EDK project.

rocketio virtex 2p

do u know how can virtex 2p be programmed to achieve run time reconfigurability??

vertex2p ise

deepa said:
do u know how can virtex 2p be programmed to achieve run time reconfigurability??
There were some application notes about this at xilinx website, but my problem is much nearer. Now I have problem with synchronisation between serializer and deserializer. I gave them same clock and use internal serial loopback, and data received is not what I send. On internal parallel loopback seems to work 100%.

xilinx rocketio edk

pls be noticed that the fifo on tx side would not recover from collision by itself. U must reset it before operation.

virtex2p

darylz said:
pls be noticed that the fifo on tx side would not recover from collision by itself.
What is that "collision"?

rocketio start

before you change the frequency of oscilator,
do you synthesis the project again, using the
timing ucf ................

study the datasheet, you need not the demo board.

The best way to start is , read Abhijit Athavale's book on serial I/O.It is available at following link **broken link removed**.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back