Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Virtex-II module error: The BSDL for device is out of date

Status
Not open for further replies.

javad

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ERROR with Configuration

Hi All,
I want to use a Virtex-II plug-in board module. The following error message occurs when I initialize the JTAG chain:
"ERROR:IMPACT:477 - The BSDL for device 'unknown' is out of date. Please check your installation."
After I select OK, It shows 9 "unknown" devices in the chain.
(I'm using the Xilinx ISE 8.1i design tools with Service Pack 3 installed.)
I have checked the power and JTAG connectivity. They are OK!
Do you know what the problem is?
Thank you.
Javad.

Re: ERROR with Configuration

this unknown devices does not depend on jtag or software .... it depends on the flash and no of devices in the board.. check the boards how may devices programmable devices are there.. not only xilinx but also flash memory..

Ask you vendor where you buyed the board they must configure the devices..

Regards
Shankar
Tallika

There are just two programmable devices on the board : FPGA
and Programming Flash. I asked the vendor, but they didn't say any useful thing!

ERROR with Configuration

if your the JTAG and power is ok.
you need assure the connecting line of TCK,TMS,TDI and TDO is correct in hardware system. or your chips is bad.

be sure ur power is on
and the JTAG cable is plugged well...and that there is nothing wrong with the parallel port.....if the PROM program of the vendor is still alive then be sure it is working....strange error!!!

Hello,

I’m not sure whether it is exactly the same error as I can’t remember exactly what is was, but I might have just come across something similar in the past. So it is a board supplied by Xilinx right. Mine occurred because it was our own board which happened to be a bit noisy i.e. some things weren’t done exactly by the bible. My magician friend was able to eliminate this strangely “random” error by applying his magic capacitor to filter out noise on certain places in the PCB. Surprisingly, depending on noise coupled by mains or even EM interference, this error used to occur randomly. Don’t know who relevant this is to you. In your case, I would suggest that there is something wrong with your boot flash as your boundary scan chain isn’t right, probably got burnt or something. Hope it helps.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back