Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

View variable in Modelsim

Status
Not open for further replies.

hqqh

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

when I'm simulating Xilinx Picoblaze processor, I want to view the assembler commands which are executed. These commands are decoded and stored in a varible. How can I monitor a variable in Modelsim?

Kind regards,
hqqh

to view variable there is variable window.

but this window will show only active process variables. you need to say fix to perticular process. for more information about this window read the help

If you are talking about vhdl variables, then you can go to modelsim prompt. Then
add wave sim:/my_testbench/my_design/my_process/my_variable
I am assuming that your 'my_variable' is in a porcess labelled 'my_process'. If there is no 'label' given to the process in vhdl code, then I will recommend you label the process and re-compile. Otherwise you will have to browse into modelsim and find what default name modelsim has given to that process.
Hope it helps,
If not let me know
Kr,
Avi
http://www.vlsiip.com/modelsim

hqqh

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi Avi,

How to find out the default process name in modelism obj file?

Are there any related files under obj lib?

Thanks..
DB

Hi,

the methode which was suggested by avimit worked for me very well. You have to search your source code for the variable and there you will find the label of the process. As said in a post before, if there is no label for this process, you just define one.

Regards,
hqqh

hi,

you better to use xillinx navigator:idea:

thanx....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back