Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

View Protel 99, 2nd Ed, Service pack 6 schematics and PCB layouts

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

Hello , I need to View Protel 99, 2nd Ed, Service pack 6 schematics and PCB layouts.

How do I do this. Is there a free viewer for Protel, or can i download protel?, I can't find anything on google.
I am using windows 8.

Hello Again
Is Protel 99SE, (2nd Ed, Service pack 6) a currently supported PCB layout package? (Can we buy it now?)
All the schematics we have inherited at the company we have taken over are in Protel. None of us have used Protel before. (We all use Eagle Pro).

How can we learn how to use Protel?
What operating systems does it work in?

Why are we not able to download Protel on the internet? We cannot find a site where we can download Protel.

Are there any good “getting started” tutorials concerning Protel on the internet?

Protel99SE SP6 runs perfectly on Win XP.
As of learning, it's less cumbersome than Eagle (personal opinion).

BTW check PMs

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
..is there much third party tutorials for protel on the web though?...I mean, its obsolete software

Eagle is the simplest user environment of all, surely,?....I mean with Eagle, you only have the bare basics in the standard user environment, and "extras" are added in with User language programs.
I mean this is surely THE way to do a PCB layout program?

Eagle is the most popular layout program used in industrial Germany.and that says it all about Eagle's superior quality....and the Germans care about engineering, and care about the welfare of all fellow German engineering companies, and they are the best...just look at the volkeswagen XL1......I mean I am English, but the Germans are better than us at engineering, in England, English engineering companies we just want to put each other out of business.

Nothing can be simpler than Eagle to use, surely? ( I am not talking about computer motherboard type complexity here).

I used Altium, Cadstar and pulsonix and had problems.....then changed to Eagle and it was so simple that I didn't really have to learn it.

The PCB consultancies HATE Eagle with a vengeance, because they know their customers could use it to do the job themselves, and not pay the consultancy to do it.

(speaking of England, In England our engineering companies are already far enough behind...so in England, Eagle is especially needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back