Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Video transmmision problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

awaisaamir

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hy,
i am final year engineering student. we have to transmit video in real time from a robot to base unit for this purpose which module should we use . please suggest some idea

thanks

Are you planning wired or wire less transmission also tell the range which has to be transmitted

What frequency band is chosen? There may be legal issues for such a range. Antenna plays important role in range of system.
Will it be a whip antenna on robot.

About the only legal option is probably making use of the mobile phone network. 3G access would do it.

In the absence of 3G, it is possible to transmit video at (say) one frame per sec with a low resolution, with just a few kHz bandwidth. I don't know of any codec (I don't work in this area).

yes we can use antenna , is there any zigbee(XBee) module which can use with our robot

While Digi does offer the XTend 900MHz line of long range XBees, 40 miles line of sight or 3000ft indoors, the available throughput, 115Kbps, is not sufficient for anything close to real time video.

The Digi XTend modules are also rather expensive at around $180 per module.

sky_123's suggestion of using a GPRS/GSM module is certainly one possibility.

Another possible option would be to use long range WiFi, although these units can be expensive as well.

Most are comprised of a high dB directional antenna with 1000mW or 2000mW WiFi transmitter.

**broken link removed**

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back