Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Video Processing using Xilinx System generator on FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

dev_000

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I am doing a project on Video Processing on FPGA. I would like to know how I can store video (not as a video but as a frame Image) on to an FPGA. I am using a Spartan 3e Board. I know about the single port RAM block in Xilinx System generator but not knowing how to get it to work. Is RAM the way to go forward to store image to do pixel processing using FPGAs? Is there any good tutorials on how to store images using System Generator blocks more specifically on single port ROMS. I mean some example model files.
hoping for a fast reply.
Thanking u in advance :smile:

RAM requirement will depend on number of frames to be stores, its dimension and so on...

Because FPGA fabric has very limited RAM, particularly Spartan 3E, you must consider storing frames on external flash ROM.

I mean any nice tutorials or write ups showing the implementation of ROM block in system generator?

Hi dev_000,

Depending on amount of video sorage requirements, you should also research something in image compression ( encoding ).
There exist a lot of chpsets achieving that feature, and maybe you will find some VHDL code on web.

+++

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back