Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

video bandwidth and modulation bandwidth

Status
Not open for further replies.

senmeis

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

two terms of bandwidths can be read regularly: video bandwidth and modulation bandwidth. As far as I understand modulation bandwidth is related to the modulated signal processing and video bandwidth to the power measurement. My question is if they are related with each other.

My question is if they are related with each other.
Not particularly.

Video bandwidth refers to a signal that is carrying video or video-like information.
I don't see that it's particularly related to power measurement, which is usually not a parameter of interest for a video signal.

Modulation bandwidth generally refers to the added bandwidth due to the modulation of a carrier frequency.
It's determined by the modulation frequency components and the type of modulation used.

"Video bandwidth" is also a term used in spectrum analyzers:

Status
Not open for further replies.