Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Vias with solder Mask in cadsoft eagle

Status
Not open for further replies.

prabhukaran3

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to set Masked vias in Eagle. I cant find that option directly. There is no setting for vias

Go to TOOLS>DRC and click "Masks" tabs, there in the "Limit", write your required value. If the Via size exceeds this value, mask will generate.

Yeah, there are a lot of things in the DRC section that should also be in the CHANGE section.

Hi,

The DRC is a global setting file about manufacturing of a PCB.
It makes it possible to choose a "cheap PCB manufacturer" or a "high performance manufacturer" without opening the board file.

The CHANGE section is to individually change the behaviour of a single item (via, trace, signal, polygon....) .

For example if you want "all" vias to be free of solder stop, then you should choose this in DRC. If you just want a couple if vias free of solder stop (maybe to use them as electrical test point), then you could add 'circles" in the solder stop layer.

It really makes sense that the setup is in the DRC. Some users find EAGLE difficult to use. It makes it more difficult and confusing if there are two or more ways to adjust the same parameter..

Klaus

Hey,
You are correct. I too feeling confused while working with DRC settings. Anyhow I moved with as it is.

You can also highlight individual vias, select INFO and click "STOP" in the popup dialog. This will put a mask opening around the selected via without modifying global values.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back