Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VHF/AM/FM antenna spliter

Status
Not open for further replies.

fjpompeo

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to build a VHF/AM/FM antenna spliter so would like to use my ham radio 2 meter VHF antenna with my AM/FM car radio.

This is an easy to find and cheap acessory around to world by here in Brazil things are not so easy! In my country a part like this will cost around 3 times the price in USA or Europe that's the reason I want to build one.

Fernando - Call sign PU2PLL - Brazil

Do you transmit on your ham rig?

If so then you might want to keep both radios separate & not use the same antenna.

Do you transmit on your ham rig?

If so then you might want to keep both radios separate & not use the same antenna.

Yes I will transmit in VHF band but the antenna I'll use is a 2m quarter wave mobile.

I was thining more along the lines of not wanting to squirt RF into your car radio :)

The only thing I can think of is a straight through connection from AE to TX, with a tap off to the car radio with a parallel tuned 2 metre tuned circuit to the car radio and a shunt series resonance 2 metre tuned circuit across the car radio input. This should stop the TX power burning out your car radio's front end, but it will reduce the sensitivity of the car radio. To put additional filtering in series with TX output to reject FM/AM transmissions would be better but very expensive?
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back