Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VHDL/Verilog Editor under Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

mosalem2003

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ctags vhdl

What is the best VHDL/Verilog Editor to be used under Linux..
guide me also to its web and tutorials if any .
Thanks
Mohamed Salem

linux verilog editor

Most editors have support for vhdl/verilog. Under unix some of the more popular editors are vim, nedit, and emacs/xemacs.

I've used vim/gvim for many years under solaris and linux and it has served me well. I even made it my main windows editor a couple of years back. You can find vim at vim.org.

Editors are a pretty personal thing. You really just have to try a couple and see which one you like best.

Radix

ctags vhdl vim

yeah,
vim/gvim is great & free, it's can work on linux/solaris/windows.

verilog under linux

I always use Vi ,because it is strong enough to edit verilog/VHDL .

e specman ctags

Hi,
I use only Emacs for writing of VHDL codes. For some guys it's a little bit strange editor but it's very good, fast strong and it serves you also predefined VHDL structures.

Example:

you write in the process part only if and when you press space or Tab, emacs will ask you only for condition definition and then it generates the rest of syntax (then, end if etc.) for you automatically. After that you can write only syntax you want to do if the condition result is true.

Emacs can be also used under Linux/HP-UX/Solaris/Windows/DOS. It depends only on you binary files :)

Jan

.ctags verilog vhdl

I think Vi is suitable for editingVerilog.

emacs verilog editor introduction

you can try emacs with verilog-mode.el

gvim linux vhdl

gvim, nedit and emacs are some of the VHDL/Verilog editors available for linux. I prefer gvim.

linux vhdl

why not use jedit!?

verilog vhdl editor linux

emacs with verilog mode is very powerful. The 'AUTO' modes are very useful; saves typing a lot and help prevent stupid typo bugs. For example, missing variables in sensitivity list can be prevented using 'AUTO'.

We are designing a huge (big die) network processor at 2 GHz and all of us are using emacs with veriolg mode.

Try it. :)

vhdl verilog editor for linux

using nedit is good and simple.
HDL Designer of Mentor is good, too.

vim vhdl install

Xemacs + GNUServer. Leatest verilog vhdl e vera and specman mode lisp.

vhdl editor mac os x

the Gvim is a very good editor under win32 for u

verilog editor linux

The simple and useful editor of the midnightcomander can be configured to syntax highlight. Look the Syntax file.

writing vhdl code under linux

I use nedit, but with the help of a previously written nedit scripts which automates most of the regualar tasks, I just write the important portions of the code and all of the other segments is generated by those nedit scripts automatically.

unix editor for verilog

i think vi is the best soultion on linux and unix
i do not not know if the ultiedit can fit with both of them

ctags.vim for verilog

except for time-limitation tasks.

vhdl softwares for solaris

vi is the best, under rh7.2, I use glimmer.

specman gvim

Vim is good enough for verilog edit; emacs also good.

editor in linux verilog

vim/gvim for editing, and debussy for trace. some times nedit for compare. good enough for me. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.