Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VHDL variables in NC-Sim and Modelsim

Status
Not open for further replies.

adap

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
modelsim simulator variables from vhdl

Does anybody know how the variables in a VHDL code can be seen in the waveforms when NC-Sim or Modelsim is used? I can only see the signals.
Thanks.

view variables in modelsim

Hi adap,
In modelsim option view all opens up different windows and shows all process, signals, variables etc..

and NC-sim in the simulator window (Design browser)if u click on to the design u can c the signals/variables ,Select all and left click and send to waveform window. then waveform window u will b able 2 c all the variables and signals.

Regards,
Dr.farnsworth

modelsim view variables

Thank you for your answer dr.farnsworth.
I am working with NC-Sim in particular and I only see the signals in the design browser. Even if I choose from the Design Browser Select -> Variables the signals are selected. The variables are not shown as if they are not in the design.

Put "all variables" in simvision command line argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back