Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VHDL: std_logic_arith VS. numeric_std Problem !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

omara007

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi folks

I'm having a strange problem: Simply, I'm designing a system in VHDL and I'm not using the obsolete (std_logic_arith) package in any of my blocks. At the same time, I had to integrate a 3rd party IP that uses this library. When I instantiated the IP inside my top-level, the top-level compiled smoothly with no error. But, when it came to Elaboration step (I'm using Cadence NC-VHDL), it gave me port type mismatch error !!! ..

Unfortunately, I'm using (numeric_std) library that can't be declared at the same time with (std_logic_arith). So, how can I solve this problem ?

Which data type causes the problem? If it's signed/unsigned, the ports can be interfaced as std_logic_vector, using a wrapper.

FvM said:
Which data type causes the problem? If it's signed/unsigned, the ports can be interfaced as std_logic_vector, using a wrapper.

Thanks FvM .. I've already done that and it seems working properly now ..

Status
Not open for further replies.