Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VHDL Simulation warning / Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

manojrote

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I have written a simple Reg code and a corresponding test bench in VHDL code. While I compiled I got warnings/errors mentioned below,
Error :
irun: 12.10-s004: (c) Copyright 1995-2012 Cadence Design Systems, Inc.
irun: *E,VHDLTP: VHDL files are being compiled. The utility does not automatically calculate top-level VHDL design units.

Then I have added vhdl ieee package and library files the I got following warnings and errors,

irun: *W,LEXTNV: The suffix (.vhd) found in a libext option was mapped to file type (vhdl) which is not a Verilog type. The suffixes will be mapped to Verilog.
irun: *W,FMDEF: The default file type mapping of .vhd is being overwritten.
ncvlog: *E,EXPMPA (register.vhd,1|1): expecting the keyword 'module', 'macromodule' or 'primitive'[A.1].
library IEEE;

Can anyone tell me how to resolve the problem???

If I still remember, in irun, you explicitly specify the TOP module name using the -top switch.
There are separate switches to specify Verilog and VHDL files, use them.

These are trivial errors and can be easily solved by reading the user guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back