Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VHDL: lsi_10k.COMPONENTS.all; work.CONV_PACK_reg.all

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalLogician

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone:

Where do I find out what exactly is in those two libraries? They are used for gate-level designs.

lsi_10k.COMPONENTS.all;
work.CONV_PACK_reg.all

Are there any documents out there? I find many vhdl examples with components like FJK2SP, AN2, AO7, etc.

My question is specific: where can I find documentation that list or explain the meaning of these symbols? (I am not looking for examples where the symbols are used. Also, it does not have to be a master document.)

Thanks.

DigitalLogician said:
Hello everyone:

Where do I find out what exactly is in those two libraries? They are used for gate-level designs.

lsi_10k.COMPONENTS.all;
work.CONV_PACK_reg.all

Are there any documents out there? I find many vhdl examples with components like FJK2SP, AN2, AO7, etc.

My question is specific: where can I find documentation that list or explain the meaning of these symbols? (I am not looking for examples where the symbols are used. Also, it does not have to be a master document.)

Thanks.

A quick Google search may reveal source locations for the lsi_10k stuff - I have seen it in Synopsys distributions a while back. If you can't locate it, contact us via www.cvcblr.com - I will see if I can get that sent to you (if legally allowed by copyrights etc.)

TeamCVC
www.cvcblr.com/blog

CVC,

I looked through multiple search engines before posting. I found nothing. Could you put it on your site as a pdf or such? Perhaps other people could be helped by it, too.

Thanks.

Those look like custom libraries. They are not standard VHDL standard ones.

It's crazy how no one can tell me where to find these libraries. Yet I see them in so many examples online.

Hi,

Try to post your question to comp.lang.vhdl. Maybe on that newsgroup is someone who can answer your question.

Devas

DigitalLogician said:
It's crazy how no one can tell me where to find these libraries. Yet I see them in so many examples online.

I have never seen those packages before, and I code VHDL for a living.
They are not standard and so any examples you see using them will have the packages included. The lsi_10k package looks like a primitives package, which will probably only cover a single/small range of devices.

CONV_pack sounds like its just for converting types. Not something that is very useful when all conversion of standard types are availble through standard libraries.

Maybe you could show us where you saw "so many examples"

Hi TrickyDicky,

It are packages you never use when you write your own code :wink:

In my opinion, in the past they were used by Synopsys Design Compiler in the generated gate-level netlist. From the components list of DigitalLogican it is/was an ASIC package.

I guess it is hard to find documentation about the contents of the packages as it is already to get the sources. In the past all engineers knew what kind of component, for example, "AO7" was.

Devas

Status
Not open for further replies.