Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VHDL in Xilinx - type conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

childs

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
vhdl to_integer

I had just switch to Xilinx ISE from Quartus recently, somehow my old old with type conversion such as :

data_out <= "0000000000" & std_logic_vector(eod + "1");
(error: Expression in type conversion to std_logic_vector has 2 possible definitions in this scope, for example, UNSIGNED and std_logic_vector.)

memory(to_integer(pointer)) := data_in;
(error: to_integer can not have such operands in this context.)

cannot be compiled in Xilinx... may i know how to do such type conversion in Xilinx? Is there any different in syntax or whatever??

to_integer vhdl

Firstly in VHDL std_logic_vector is one data types declaration, so i suggest you to change the name of your function in 1st line.

The second line, the problem may be with the return value data type of either function to_integer or memory, you please check it again to ensure that they are compatible.

vhdl data type conversion

Hi,

Try the enclosed sheet, it's really usefull !

Hope it helps,
Said.

Attachments

• numeric_us_1785.pdf
    107.2 KB · Views: 190

conversion type like to_integer in vhdl

The argument of the type cast std_logic_vector(eod + "1"); is basically ambiguous cause "1" has no clear type, if it has been accepted by Quartus, this has been only by chance to my opinion.

xilinxtype

I had just solved this problem, it was due to d Xilinx ISE template had included library of IEEE.STD_LOGIC_ARITH & IEEE.STD_LOGIC_UNSIGNED, n I just add the library i used normally (IEEE.NUMERIC_STD) behind them. It works well if i deleted that 2 libraries, which i didn't use before this.

Thx :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back