Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VHDL eliminate delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

indu15

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
VHDL clock delay problem

I have 2 processes in my code for example as shown below. If I run the simulation c output is taking place with 1 clock period delay after a = '1'. Can anyone please help me to get the c output when a = '1' without delay?

begin
process1: process(clk)
if rising_edge(clk) then
a <= b;
end process process1;

process2: process(clk, a)
if rising_edge(clk) then
if (a = '1') then
c <= d;
end process process2;

end;

Thanks a lot!

Actually, in my code the process1 contains the sequence detector i.e. when the sequence is detected then the pulse is generated which is assigned to 'a' and in process2 when there is rising_edge(clk) and sequence is detected then c <= d. I cannot enable c with b since b is sequence detector code its not one value.

If your setting a to 1 when sequence detected, why not just enable c on sequence detect instead?

VHDL is a hardware description language, it's helpful to imagine the 2 flip-flop circuit described/modelled by the VHDL program in post #1. You'll understand why it must behave as it does. If you don't like the behaviour, design a different circuit.

Generally speaking, we can't suggest a different circuit with knowing the exact problem. We e.g. don't know if the actions specified in both processes must be clock synchronous.

Sketch a hardware circuit or a timing diagram or specify the intended behaviour otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.