Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

vhdl coding for pattern generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

vishushru

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
vhdl code to generate incremental pattern in serial manner using counter.
please help me out

So you need to send the contents of a counter as a serial stream? Is this supposed to be done LSB or MSB first?

I won't code this for you but here is the basic logic you will need to do this.

1) create a counter with an enable count input (this is the incrementing pattern you are sending)
2) create a counter that counts the bits sent (this is a counter that is big enough to count the width of the incrementing pattern counter)
3) make a loadable shift register to serially shift the loaded value out either LSB or MSB first.
4) combine the above stuff along with a check for the last bit sent to increment the pattern counter.
5) write a testbench to verify your design.

If you've already done some of this work already and are just having problems then post the code you've already written to get help.

i wrote a vhdl code for 8 bit counter what i hav to do next

Steps 2 thru 5 in my previous post.

Let me add that step 4 also involves creating the top level file which either has instances of other code or the code of each function in that top file.

Status
Not open for further replies.