Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
So you need to send the contents of a counter as a serial stream? Is this supposed to be done LSB or MSB first?
I won't code this for you but here is the basic logic you will need to do this.
1) create a counter with an enable count input (this is the incrementing pattern you are sending)
2) create a counter that counts the bits sent (this is a counter that is big enough to count the width of the incrementing pattern counter)
3) make a loadable shift register to serially shift the loaded value out either LSB or MSB first.
4) combine the above stuff along with a check for the last bit sent to increment the pattern counter.
5) write a testbench to verify your design.
If you've already done some of this work already and are just having problems then post the code you've already written to get help.