Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

vhdl code for pipo shifter with decrementer can anyone correct my progran plsssss

Status
Not open for further replies.

sushma67

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i dnt know how to do looping in vhdl help me.......... code for exponent determinant using piposhiftr and decrementer
00100101 is given as i/p to pipo shifter max power of msb is 7 is given as i/p to the decrementer first 0 is shifted it should decerment to 6 secnd bit also 0 so again it should dec if 1 comes it should stp dec and shifting and tho o/p is 5
please see the block diagram below.............
untill 1 comes the loop should continue.....
library IEEE;
use IEEE.STD_LOGIC_1164.all;

entity pipo is
port(
clk : in STD_LOGIC;
pr,cr: in std_logic;
d : in STD_LOGIC_VECTOR(3 downto 0);
q : out STD_LOGIC_VECTOR(3 downto 0);s: in out std_logic_vector(3 downto 0));

end pipo;

architecture pipo of pipo is
begin
process( d,clk) sush.png
BEGIN
t:=s;
while(d(0)!='1')
if(pr='1' and cr='1' and clk='0' and clk'event)then
q(0)<=d(0);
q(1)<=d(1);
q(2)<=d(2);
q(3)<= d(3);
elsif(pr='1' and cr='0')then
q(0)<='0';
q(1)<='0';
q(2)<='0';
q(3)<= '0';
elsif(pr='0' and cr='1')then
q(0)<='1';
q(1)<='1';
q(2)<='1';
q(3)='1;'
elsif(pr='0' and cr='0')then
q(0)<='X';
q(1)<='X';
q(2)<='X';
q(3)<= 'X';

t:=t+"1111";
end if;
end loop;
s<=t;
end process;
end pipo;

Last edited:

Please be more clear with you question and posted code. The bottom part of the code cannot be compiled, so I suspect it is another code snippet

Please use the code forum tags!

i kept a block diagram .... now can u correct this..... like a for loop in ac program how to do this in vhdl..can u help me plssssssssss

Sorry, I'm all puzzled out for today. To me it is not clear what your problem is. Maybe someone else gets it. Orrrr, if you want to be proactive about getting a solution to your problem, you could consider re-reading your own post and seeing if you can think of a way to write the problem in a clearer way. This will no doubt get you a good answer a lot faster.

Also, if you have a testbench for it (of course you have!) then could you include that as well, and a screenshot of the simulation? Again, that will get you an answer faster!

now can u correct this.... block diagram also there and i added few changes plssssss help me

you still havent said what the problem is,

Yay! It wasn't just me....

[x] opinion validated.

sushma67, like TrickyDicky I don't quite understand the problem. And yes I read the entire thread and viewed the block diagram.

Do you maybe have a testbench + screenshot of this testbench where we can see what the problem is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back