wtr

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I've read the following thread.

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/295879/

I can successfully assign something like the following (in concurrent part of architecture)

Code VHDL - [expand]
APB_IN.PRDATA              <= << signal .SCP0466B1_tb.FPGA.PRDATA_S : std_logic_vector(31 downto 0)>>;

however the following

Code VHDL - [expand]
<<signal .SCP0466B1_tb.FPGA.PWDATA_S : std_logic >>                       <= APB_OUT.PWDATA

just gives me a glitch see attached picture

Also having problems with alias's

Code VHDL - [expand]
-- signal RDATA      : word32;
alias PADDR_S is <<signal .SCP0466B1_tb.FPGA.PADDR_S  : std_logic_vector(31 downto 0) >>;

modelsim gives
** Error: (vsim-8523) Cannot reference the signal "/scp0466b1_tb/FPGA/PADDR_S" before it has been elaborated.

from verror -all log
What am I doing wrong? Can't force concurrents apparently. Also does anyone have access to these sections of standard?

Last edited:

Without seeing the code, I can only guess that this is a multiple driver error? Are all of the signals X rather than U after the glitch? it could be a delta issue with the driver result changing between deltas (because the direct assignment would occur 1 delta before a clocked assignment, for example).
I would recommend NOT driving anything internally from a testbench via hierarchial references. It can be a little confusing, and anything like this really should be driven via the interface (although it does seem normal to use heirarchical drivers in SV simulation components - much to others confusion!)

The elaboration problem will be because you are trying to access a signal in an entity that hasnt been instantiated yet. I guess you're trying to declare it in the declarative region of the architecture?
All you need to do it move the alias declaration below the entity "FPGA" in the code - either locally in a process, or if you need it in several processes, wrap them up in a generate region:

Code:
FPGA : entity work.FPGA_ent port map ();

multi_proc_gen : if true generate
  alias PADDR_S is <<signal .SCP0466B1_tb.FPGA.PADDR_S  : std_logic_vector(31 downto 0) >>;
begin
  process ....

process....

end generate multi_proc_gen;

Status
Not open for further replies.