Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VGA to RCA (TV video) Adapter HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_risk_master

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all EDAboarders,

I am planning to connect my PC video adapter to my TV RCA video connector, but I dont know how to this, So please guys help me out.... Any ideas are welcome

Thanks in advance,
the_risk_master

Converting VGA to composite video is not an easy task .. but it's not impossible ..
Here is one option:
**broken link removed**

Regards,
IanP

I had a similar need a few months ago. After researching this, I found that my least expensive solution was to replace the PC's video card with a card that support both VGA and NTSC outputs. Many current video cards have composite outputs. Your current card may already have this. The connector is often a PS2 type connector and many people do not realize that composite video is an option. If cost is really important, you can often find older video cards on Ebay for little money.

Building such a circuit would be educational, but probably will not work as well as the video card solution. That is because there will be artifacts from the VGA to RCA conversion. The video card solution goes directly from the digital to NTSC(RCA).
Also, some video cards support hardware MPEG decoders that allow slower PCs to playback video without dropping frames.

Good luck.

--- Steve

Hi there,

Thanks for the replies, yeah banjo (Sir Steve) I know of such cards already available and capable of my requirements, but I would like it to do myself (for educational purposes and fun), So maybe I'll try to build a prototype of Tomi Engdahl's works (Thanks Sir IanP)

Thank you guys! (I pushed the "Helped me" Button for the two of you)

Oh yeah, keep on coming suggestions here....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back