Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VGA to LCD Interface needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dlancia

has anyone had any luck creating an interface to a laptop lcd screen that can connect to a vga port? i know they sell interfaces but they seem expensive

I have worked once with a chip from chips & technologies which was exactly for this job. The problem is that these things tend to change rapidly since they are following the PC market and, most available chips today are for the PCI interface.

Of course the drivers and everything else needed, even schematics are given from the companies.
Companies like this are EPSON, CHIP's & tech. etc. just make a search on google.

The unfortunate negative thing is that display chips are difficult to find in small quantities.

here is one circuit but its for analog (TV, composite video input) type panels, and not for laptop display
h**p://home1.gte.net/bs/sharp2.html

I think i've made a mistake in my previous reply.

Triple adc's you can find from TI and AD, which are exactly for the job that you describe.
Some interface circuit will be needed of course but its simple logic.
The only problem there is the clock speed which is quite high.

Try genesis-video.com and averlogic.com for very simple solutions to this problem (single chip).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back