Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

vga spec;left border,right border,top border,bottom border

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyboman

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i don't know where to post this so i'm posting it here.

i'm trying to build a very simple vga controller in fpga. i found the spec but there is only one thing that i don't understand. i can't figure out what the borders are. what is top border, bottom borer, right and left borders. the signal diagram that i found (https://www.epanorama.net/documents/pc/vga_timing.html) speaks shows only a front and back porches but noting about the borders. i would really appreciate if someone could explain there the borders are located with respect to the signal diagram.

thank you.

Re: vga spec;left border,right border,top border,bottom bord

I think it is a hangover from CGA where there was a separate border colour:

"In text mode, the border color (displayed outside the regular display area—into the overscan area) can be changed from its usual black to any of the other 15 colors." - CGA info.

I would suggest you just make it black.

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back