Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VGA output to TV via RF or cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

fjpompeo

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
vga to tv converter + pollin

How do I watch DVD films using my PC DVD player and an VGA to TV converter with RF link or a cable? My TV has a composite video input and RGB input.

The link below has quite a bit of information that may be useful.

h**p://www.hut.fi/Misc/Electronics/circuits/vga2tv/

(*=t above)

Hi,
Most of the external vga to tv converters have problems with flickering, due to conversion algorythm (vga scan mode is non-interlaced, and tv is interlaced). You better consider to buy a vga card with tv output , the prices are affordable, or to use an mpeg hardware decoder, for example a DXR3 decoder, which outputs AV signal for tv, and digital spdif out for 5.1 system.

As most modern VGA cards already come with SVHS or Composite video output, there's no need for an external converter.

For SVHS/Composite to RF conversion, there are UHF modulators available (3EUR to 20EUR with monaural audio, 50EUR++ with stereophonic audio). Maybe, you can even rip such a thing off an old video game console.

Attached is an image of such a cheap UHF modulator (purchased from Pollin for about 3EUR).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back