Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

very important 'Asking for help Urgently. please read this

Status
Not open for further replies.

nasser915

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
license recognition

In the name of Allah most merciful
Al salam Alikum O rahmat Allah O barakatoh.

In the brief introduction, I am undergraduate engineer I am at my last
semester; my name is Nasser Ahmad nofal at Hijjawi Faculty in Electronics
Engineering Dept.

At the last semester I had a done a project which is really amazing and a
very new idea “Car License plate Recognition using Image Processing Technology
”.
It was about using colure filters, intelligent software to determining the most
probabilities areas which may be LP (license plate) and the using OCR (optical
character recognition) and neural network technique to recognize this plate and
then knowing the driver of this car according to Database available or remote.

I made more than 80% of this system but still I need some equipments and
developments to improve the efficiency.

I am looking for sponsors or teamwork
If you are interesting please reply me and I will be thankfully for your quick
response.
Can you help me?

OK! I'm seeing what you have done. ummm, it sounds interesting, tell me what kind of equipment you need?
Umm, looking at the project you have defined here, I personally think that all you need it just a simple , oh no may be not simple, but a good camera. ummm, of course the movement of the plate can cause problem however I think that it can be solved. then, looking at the other parts of your system, I think that there is no need to any special equipment, except a good CPU , Matlab, and ? what more? aowww, of course a good programmer, plus some amount of experience on neural networks and image processing. please tell us, where is the problem exactly.
thanks.

Re: very important 'Asking for help Urgently. please read t

Moved to Advertising area as it seems best place as this is a request for sponsership, not an engineering question or other EDA related matter.

It is definately not an EDA related book requests

Moved from EDA book requests area.

Can you give more detail of the equipment? I have some speech recognization experience using HMM.

I worked on a exactly similar project 5 years ago ! We designed the a product for HIGHWAY TOLL ..
One of the Problems we came across was teh amount of light the camera needed .. So we decided to use a Flash ligh at the moment we took the shot of the plate At that tiem we decide to use a full vga resolution camera .Today there are even better ones and cheaper .. The system was an embedded system with small dedicated PC running linux ..
Thinking about ..Today i will try to use a high resolution camera ( 1000kx1000k) pixels .or better this is to be able to do sotware zooming
instead of expensive optics .. Well as a matter fact i all depends what is the intended use of the device !

Status
Not open for further replies.