Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Version mismatch for questasim and ise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binome

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I've downloaded an ISE project with a testbench included. As there are Xilinx ipcores to simulate I had to compile libraries first. I compiled it and when trying to run the simulation is:
ERROR: Simulator version mismatch!
The simulation libraries were compiled for the 'QUESTASIM 10.2c' version, but
the selected simulator is 'QUESTASIM 2013.07'. Please recompile the libraries for
the selected simulator version or change the simulator selection.

The problem is the versions available in my company are: questasim 10.2c and ise 14_7.
Is there a way to simulate?

From your error it seems like the default simulator in ISE was set to Questasim 2013.07 in the GUI and you need to change that to the simulator you use.

This is the primary reason for learning how to script all your flows. It avoids issues like this where you don't know what is being used to compile something or even where it's compiling everything.

I understand the scripting solution is more interesting but I don't have time to learn that. Do someone know how to do that with the GUI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back