Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Version Control System - Which one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjalps

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello people!

I'd like to now wich Version Control System you use at your work? I need that for our team project work. Do you use subversion?

Please any tip?

Regards!

subversion seems to be trying to be a substitute for CVS but i haven't found it so popular, at least now. perhaps it's not so mature yet? and it's not compatibale with CVS yet?

for totally free using opensource you should go for CVS.

on windows: CVSNT for server and various clients: TortoiseCVS, WinCVS... these can be downloaded from sourceforge.net

I'm using CVSNT with tortoisecvs now.

Added after 4 minutes:

btw, if you could find any good software, just lemme know. i'm very interested in these stuff :)

I think the sourcesafe and synchronicity is better

Hi

I currently use sourcesafe for version control of any software and hardware i 'm designing

Hardware file (orcad ,pcb design files ) saved as binery file without the ability to see diffecnce

Software files saved as text file

This software inegrate to allmost any compiler i know

It's not the best on the the market but an easy and simple to use one

All the best

Bobi

Hello!

Thanks for replys. I thought that much more people use this SW but as I see that's not true.

I started with use of subversion. I'm primarly interested in free tools. Anything more.

What about document managment systems?

Regards!

tjalps said:
Hello!

Thanks for replys. I thought that much more people use this SW but as I see that's not true.

I started with use of subversion. I'm primarly interested in free tools. Anything more.

What about document managment systems?

Regards!

although cvs is mainly for source-code, i think it can be used for normal documents like word, ppt..

Yes I agree. But which system would be good for mix of documents?

it may depend on the type of your documents..
the system you need should be powerful enough to understand word, excel, etc. documents.

I agree. Do you have anyone in mind?

Regards!

sorry no :(,
so far i still using CVS even for my documents..

As time goes by there will always be happy and unhappy people using the
same software, be it OSs, Games, WebSurfers and version control.... so,
since it's free and work reasonably well to manage different kinds of
documents I use CVS (wincvs)...
I have a mix of binaries, excutables,PDFs, text files, gifs, scheamtics, etc... and
it works well enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back