Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

veriloga import into cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

kput

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm trying to instantiate this veriloga FET model http://ptm.asu.edu/postsi.html and i followed the instructions in the pdf to instantiate as a symbol. now when i try to run a simulation, I see the error:

ERROR (OSSHNL-116): Unable to descend into any of the views defined in the view list, 'veriloga spectre cmos_sch cmos.sch schematic' for the instance 'I5' in cell 'tb_dc'. Either add one of these views to the library 'cntfet_sim', cell 'CNTfet' or modify the view list to contain an existing view.

I can manually descend into both the symbol and veriloga cellviews from the testbench, so I'm not sure what the issue is. All the forum posts I've seen seem to have solved the issue by adding 'veriloga' to both the switch view and stop view lists, which I have done - the software is just not seeing it.

can anyone help? I'm sure it's a simple fix as I have no experience using veriloga in cadence before.

... solved the issue by adding 'veriloga' to both the switch view and stop view lists, which I have done - the software is just not seeing it.

I think you have to restart the C@dence software to get it aware of these changes.

I've restarted a couple times, do you have any other suggestions? Thanks!

I think you have to restart the C@dence software to get it aware of these changes.

I've restarted a couple times, do you have any other suggestions? Thanks!

I guess it is possible that at every restart the default values for the switch and stop lists will be reestablished. Check, if so. In this case you'll have to put the list change commands into one of the cds startUp runControl files. Get the necessary skill commands from your cds logFile.

I guess it is possible that at every restart the default values for the switch and stop lists will be reestablished. Check, if so. In this case you'll have to put the list change commands into one of the cds startUp runControl files. Get the necessary skill commands from your cds logFile.

I think what you're saying is that when I restart, the switch list goes back to default, but this is not the case. the switch list (in the ADE window, in the setup->environment menu) doesn't change because it's part of my saved state. is there another switch list I should be concerned with?

is there another switch list I should be concerned with?

Actually every part of the C@dence tools (schematics, ADE, layout, DRC, LVS) uses its own switch/stop lists, but I think you changed the correct one. I run out of more ideas, sorry! Try and ask in the .

Be sure you have this library structure:

.../cntfet_sim/CNTfet/veriloga/veriloga.va
.../cntfet_sim/CNTfet/veriloga/NN_table.tbl
.../cntfet_sim/CNTfet/symbol/...

.. and the cntfet_sim/ lib is in your lib search path.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.