Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Verilog RTL and Behavioral Testbench

Status
Not open for further replies.

davyzhu

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am reading the book "Writing Testbench" and found my previous testbench style is RTL.
Can I change Verilog RTL Testbench to Behavioral Testbench, is the below code right?

//---- RTL style---
Always@(posedge clk)
If(EN)
//------------------

//----Behavioral style---
Always begin
wait(EN);
@(posedge clk);
end
//-----------------------

Is there any other better Behavioral style?

Any suggestions will be appreciated!
Best regards,
Davy

this is the write way to right programe in behavioral level

In fact, these two different descriptions are not the same if the comprehension on the meaning of wait (signal_a) especially if this statement is used in post-layout simulation.

To be the same, the sampled under the rising edge of the clock shall be used as follow:
wait (signal_a_sampled);

Best Regards,

Thomson

I see.

When EN in not valid @(posedge clk), the behavioral model will be wrong. How to write a full right model?

Best regards,
Davy

two total different descrition, only the same if you are waiting for the occur(one time event) of the En, in this status the later one should be more efficient

agree with thomson.

and I want to know why you want to convert your rtl to behavioral level

i dont think verilog is a good behavioral modeling language. it's short of high-level description capability. using verilog to write rtl model is more comfort, if you want high-level modeling, turn to system verilog or system c.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back