Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

verilog program of reconfigurable johnson counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

jincyjohnson

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can you give me the verilog code of reconfigurable johnson counter.ie; there are two external inputs-mode and init.when mode=0,it works as a johnson counter.when mde=1 & init=0, it should reset. when mode=1 & init=1,it works as a ring counter.actually i initialize all the flip flops output first.but only johnson counter and reset works, ring counter doen't work.in ring counter mode the output is all zeros .can u give me the verlog code

How about you put in some time and try it first. When you're stuck show your code + explain where you are stuck.

here i attach code and block diagram.in ring counter mode, output are zeros

Attachments

• johnson cntr.pdf
    84.7 KB · Views: 69
  • johnson counter.pdf
    89.2 KB · Views: 122

Okay, that's a good start. Do you have a testbench + testbench results to go with that? Oh and it's probably easier if you post the code using [code] tags (instead of attaching a pdf with verilog code in it). Also see this one for a quick description:

Code Verilog - [expand]
[syntax=verilog]

[/syntax]
Code:
module johnson(clk,rst,init,rjmode,q);
input clk,rst,rjmode,init;
parameter n=5;
output [n-1:0]q;
reg [n-1:0]q_i;
reg temp;
integer I;
always @(posedge clk or negedge rst)
begin
if(!rst)
for(I=0; I<=n-1; I=I+1)
q_i <= 1'b0;
else
begin

if (!rjmode)

temp = ~q_i[n-1];
else 
temp = (q_i[n-1]) &&(init);

for(I=n-1;I>=1; I=I-1)
begin
q_i[I] = q_i[I-1];
end
q_i[0] = temp;

end
end
assign q = q_i;
endmodule

Attachments

• New Microsoft Office Word Document.doc
    35 KB · Views: 101

can you give me the test bench code for the program.how can we write test bench for a program with 'for loop'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back