Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Verilog-A Node Capacitance Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

unluerdincer

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am using Verilog-A to generate a three terminal(3 nodes) switch in CADENCE. My Verilog-A file generates the correct IV characteristics that I expect, but when I try to simulate the fan-out(FO) of a device, I realized that Cadence does not capture defined gate capacitance value in Verilog-A. In order to capture the delay difference between a FO4 and FO16, I need to add node capacitance to my verilog-A model.

I have tried defining it as a parameter, but could not make it work in Cadence.

Do you have any suggestions on how I could define my gate capacitance in Verilog, so that Cadence can capture the fan-out?

Thanks

Hello, unluerdincer
Have you tried to do smth like I(net1, net2)<+C*ddt(V(net2, gnd)).
Thanks

Hello pavel_adameyko,

I am using look up tables to define my IV characteristics, so I do not have "C" in my equations.

I have tried defining cgs like this
(* desc="gate-source capacitance", units="F" *)
real cgs;
but could not make the Cadence simulator to recognize it. I don't know any other way to define gate capacitance. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks

Dincer

---------- Post added at 09:07 ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 ----------

Hello pavel_adameyko,

I am using look up tables to define my IV characteristics, so I do not have "C" in my equations.

I have tried defining cgs like this
(* desc="gate-source capacitance", units="F" *)
real cgs;
but could not make the Cadence simulator to recognize it. I don't know any other way to define gate capacitance. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks

Dincer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back