Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

verification engineer in belgium/france

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

groody

salary in belgium engineer

Hi

how much can someone hope for in Belgium-Bruxelles (net salary) with 2 years of experience in hardware verification (specman, system verilog) ?

Also, for the same position and level of experience - would the salary be bigger in France(Paris) ?

How hard do you think is for a stranger coming from Romania to get a job in this field with just 2 years of experience?

Is 2000 euro net/month a fair salary for this scenario?

2000 Euro net Salary depends on your marital status. If you are single then that may be a problem. If you are married I think 2000Euro net salary will be the least that you will receive monthly. These scanarios are for a yearly salary of about 40k Euro.

ddboy40 said:
2000 Euro net Salary depends on your marital status. If you are single then that may be a problem. If you are married I think 2000Euro net salary will be the least that you will receive monthly. These scanarios are for a yearly salary of about 40k Euro.

interesting. i didn't know you'd get a bigger sallary if you get married.
So if I'd get 2000 eur/month(net)-40k Euro/year as a single man i should be more than pleased.

Thanks

And in the end groody you've went to Belgium ? I have now the same years of experience (in Romania) as ASIC Verification Engineer and I'm considering relocating to Belgium.

Do you know any companies in this field ?

groody said:
ddboy40 said:

interesting. i didn't know you'd get a bigger sallary if you get married.
So if I'd get 2000 eur/month(net)-40k Euro/year as a single man i should be more than pleased.

Thanks

Hi folks,

I have recently graduated from a technıcal unıversity in Netherlands and couple of my friends have started working as Analog design engineers ın Belgium. I think the salary level is more or less the same for also verification engineers.
I would say 2000eur (net) is good for entry level. I would expect a little more in case of 2-3 years experience.
You should keep in mind that the tax level in Belgium is one of the highest in Europe (partially going up to 50%). So the companies prefer not to pay much but compensate the salary with side benefits (for ex. paying your health insurance etc.)

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back