Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Verification concept, Environment and testbench

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinhphuong

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Verification concept

Can anyone explain me the difference between:
- Environment and testbench
- Verification strategy and verification plan
Thanks

Re: Verification concept

- Environment and testbench
testbench usally refers to a simple wrapper written over the RTL design to check the functionality.
Enivronment - with the designs getting complex and running into millions of gates it is not possible to have a simplicistic testbech so there are verification components developed like generators, monitors, checkers etc. all these components together form the environment.
I suggest you read "writing testbenches" by Janik B. It explains all these details very well.

Verification strategy and verification plan
Strategy is how you plan to tackle the task of verifying your design for example directed test cases, random testing, combination of the 2 etc.

Verification plan is a record of what needs to be tested. But I must warn you these are terms that are used interchangingly and might mean different things in different companies :)

vinhphuong

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back