Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

vehicle number plate recognition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ignitedindian

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
vehicle number plates

hi !

i am a pre-final year electrical engineering student.

i am working on a video processing project.

a video cam captures all the vehicles in road.

i have to identify speeding vehicles and get their number from number plate.

which platform is good? how do i start??

I have successfully connected my webcam in matlab. is that the way to go?? what next???

vehicle number plate chennai

Hi,
U can take the help of traffic police for u'r project 'coz they make use of radar gun equipment mounted in their vehicle for identifying the violators.The equipment calculates the speed with which the vehicle is travelling and also takes a photo of the number plate to issue challans.
I think if u see the equipment and understand its working, it may be helpful to u.Also,since u'r project is already in use,u can ask them about the deficiencies in them and u can implement u'r project to overcome them.

vehicle number plate recognition tutorial

sounds good. . . m from India . . . not many of the police here use it . . . so it will be tough to find one and ask him about the technical details . . .

over speeding number plate recognition project

you can use radar or laser to determine vehicle speed. your camera design should incorporate a flash unit. that would capture the plate. if you took it further, you could measure the albedo of the image. most plates are reflective. you could then use ocr principles to try and pull the numbers.

number plate recognition project

plz send me the links and books or tutorial and algorithms, i m working on the same proj. that is number plate recognition. Plz send me the algorithm if u have done it
thanx
regards
kashif

indonesian vehicle number plate

I think that TI DAVINCI is a good platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back