Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] vdd of TSMC 0.18um technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMfox

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to know the maximum voltage that vdd can go in this process. I know the nominal value is 1.8V, however, my circuit is to be designed for wide-range supply(1.8V~3.0V). So i am eager to know the break-down voltage of MOSFET's. Is there any document that could be useful??

Thanks!

hi
there is 0.18u TSMC that can work with 3.3v
but model of it is defferent.
regards

Thanks, hr_rezaee! I know there is 3.3V devices. But in order to use MOS-CAPACITOR for storage cap(huge cap!), I have to understand the 1.8V devices completely. So I guess my question is: can the 1.8V devices function under vdd~3.0 V?

you can not use 3.3 v for 1.8v device, by theory.

TSMC 0.18 has different transistors for 1.8V and 3.3V

If you force 3V on 1.8V device, you will have a reliability problem, and I would
not recommend that at all

hi
I think you can
because in RFPAs voltage can increase to 2*VDD.
But aging and hot carrier effects are appeared.
regards

in general, it has reliability problem if the 1.8v device work in voltage larger than 1.8*1.1=2.0v

You'd better check TSMC's documents to find 1.8V MOS's electrical rating.In my opinion, you can boost up your VDD temporarily(say,1.8V to 2.5V), but never try to using VDD over electrical rating,the manufacturer will not guanrantee the performance under such usage.

Hi There,
I have a question about TSMC 0.18um technology. Could you possibly tell me How I can find the variation of voltage range for NMOS and PMOS transistor? For example, which range can NMOS and PMOS work properly?
Thanks in advance
Ebi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back