Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VCS Simulation debugging

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyuga454

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am new to simulation debugging. I have a simulation log file which is having some failures. I want to open VCS in gui and want to dump the some signals of the design.
What are the commands to open VCS in gui.

Thanks,
tyuga454

If compilation using VCS of your design is successful then in your compilation dir an executable 'simv' will be created. That needs to be opened using the command simv -gui and then run for a certain time to view waveforms.
But since you have failures in the sim log file, you have to fix them first.

simv -gui is occupying more memory usage.
Is any other option to open VCS in gui mode?

Regards,
Tyuga454

I have no knowledge of any other option.
However you can execute in non-gui mode, i.e. just execute the command simv.
Then you can execute the other commands such as run #ms or clear or restart just as you would type them in the DVE prompt (while in GUI mode). No waveforms for you in this case. Also you need to have a solid self checking test-bench in place for verifying your design as you won't be able to see the waveforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back