Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VCS installation problem in RHEL 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

satyakumar

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi to all

I installed VCS 7.1 RH15 on RHEL 3, but when i invoke VCS -RPP it gives error like "failed to open shared libraries "libstd6+++... " etc is missing. can any body tell me wat is the exact problem with tool or OS,

Thanks to all.

You must find the libararies in your OS at first. If not, you should install GCC.

I have tried VCS on RHEL AS4 before. It did not work well even the latest release, even though it is claimed to support AS4. I can run some simple vhdl and verilog design. But when I tried some advanced features such as cosimulation with hsim or nanosim or mixed-language simulation, the program crashed every time. I have given up trying and moved to solaris.

why not hsim or nanosim crashed but vcs?
the latest is 2006.06,did you tested it?
Ok,i think thre RHEL3 is the best choice for the current main line eda software.

you have to use Redhat7.2 for vcs7.x and b4
and you can use RHEL3.0 for vcs 2005 or later

Status
Not open for further replies.