Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VCS and XA Version Help_Urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnZhang0705

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
1、When we run simulation which version is faster between VCS2013 and VCS2108? Is the 2018 Version of VCS faster? and how much faster?
2、As before, between XA(Custom Simulation)2015 and XA2018,Which version run faster?and how much the version faster?

Generally speaking it is always better to use the latest simulator version, whether analog or digital or AMS. There are a lot of s/w improvements and bugfixes.

and how much faster?
Did you check Synopsys website for such data or did you try to contact them?

Have u run different version of VCS?I tried to Simulation it but can not get a definitive conclusion.I have checkd Synopsys website but cannot find it, and the Synopsys's worker don't have a definitive answer either.

Have u run different version of VCS?
Not recently. But compared to 2018, 2013 would be an ancient version. Having access to a 5 year older version is also an issue and the complete tool settings environment need to be changed.

I tried to Simulation it but can not get a definitive conclusion. I have checkd Synopsys website but cannot find it, and the Synopsys's worker don't have a definitive answer either.
You have the tools and settings done. You need to perform the comparison work and make a decision.
If Synopsys support personnel cannot, neither can I (or possibly anyone else).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back