Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VCO sensitivity,2MHZ/V

Status
Not open for further replies.

7rots51

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
vco sensitivity

VCOs in 1~2GHZ range with 2MHZ/V sensitivity .
Where can I find this modules?

tuning sensitivity vco

You are looking for a VCO with 1GHz frequency range (between 1GHz and 2GHz) and 2MHz/V sensitivity.
That means the control voltage should be between 0V and 500V.
Hard to believe that exist something like this.

how to calculate the vco sensitivity??

hi vfone,

i can fairly understand your statement and i haven't seen such a vco. But i have a contradiction here that i know the vco which can operate over 3.4 ghz to 3.6 ghz and tuning sensitivity is 100 mhz/v and tuning voltage is from 0.5 to 4.5v dc. Can you explain me how does the sensitivity is related to tuning voltage? If I consider your calculation then my operating voltage will be 2 Volts. Now I am confused. Can you please explain me? Also, I read the terms pushing 3 Mhz/v and pulling 8 MHz p-p. Can you explain me how does it affect my performance?

Thanks

sensitivity of vco

Your case 200MHz frequency range (between 3.4GHz and 3.6GHz) and specified sensitivity of 100MHz/V make more sense, because with 2V variation on the control line you cover the specified frequency range and remain some margin, up and down. The reason of that margin is to try find the most linear region (F_out vs V_control) of the VCO.

A voltage controlled oscillator is simply an oscillator having a frequency output that is proportional to an applied voltage.
Frequency pushing is caused by the VCO's sensitivity to supply voltage variation. In your case if you varied the Vcc of the VCO with 1V the frequency output will change 3MHz.
Frequency pulling is a measure of the frequency change due to a non-ideal load (what frequency in ppm the VCO is changing vs different impedance loads)

sensitivity vco

7rots51 said:
VCOs in 1~2GHZ range with 2MHZ/V sensitivity .
Where can I find this modules?

You should find a process, which provides so small varactor model.

And then design an auto calibration circuit to finish this modules.

You know it will be like the digital VCO.

2 mhz vco

I mean for example a VCO within 1000~1020MHZ and 0-10V control range so we have a VCO with 2MH/V sensitivity.

Is there a company that make this module ? Is there any design for this purpose?

If you want to do FSK a 64kbps TTL data on 50MHZ/V VCO ,how you apply the TTL data to it? (assume VCO is in a PLL control loop)

vco sensivity

So you need very narrowband VCO with 2MHz/V Kvco..
There are some manufacturers such as Synergy, etc..

Or, you can order as custom design if you will buy it in quantity..

Status
Not open for further replies.