Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

vb interfacing with micro-controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhenhan82

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

i have a problem that i couldn't solve! i am on a school project related to vb interfacing with micro-controller. the idea is, in my vb program, there will be a few buttons, on click, it will run some peripherals controlled by the micro-controller(Renesas H8S/2377). so in the embedded C program i have a switch case, for example, 1 to run printer peripheral, 2 to run motor..

the issue now is when i do not know how to write the send n receive part. it seems that the vb side sends a character "1" to micro-controller but it does not activate any peripherals. perhaps it couldnt read the character sent..

Can someone advise me on this problem..
Thanks a million!

Refer to Follow site

if the problem is with the micro controller then check weather u have an look up table for the the characters sent by the VB application.or else just compare teh received value and try to control the peripherals

hi,

the following site you refer to me has already been taken out!

Han

Status
Not open for further replies.