Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Variable resistor connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

hayowazzup

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have got a dual gang potentiometer connected two circuits, where in circuit 1 it's called R1 and in circuit 2 it's called R2. What I would like to do is to have R1 decreasing while increasing R2 with the same amount of resistance, by turning the knob of the potentiometer. I was wondering if anyone know how it can be connected?

Last edited:

i think that - you can connect the wires are opposite direction thatmeans r1 have 3 wire or 3 point 1 is ground then the r2 have 3 leads .the third lead should connect to ground .* please variacle gang 's photo

---------- Post added at 04:52 ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 ----------

soory pleas upload ur circuit photo

If you number the resistor terminals 1, 2, and 3 where 2 is the wiper, you use terminals 1 & 2 for one resistor and 2 & 3 for the other.
They need to be linear pots not log for it to work.

Keith

Alright I got it. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.