Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Values for scan angles for array design in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ylk

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
biHi! im newbie in hFSS. İ making an array design but im confused about "Scan definition" in regular array setup.On use "scan angles" it wants value of theta and phi.
What is tihs ????? :cry:

Array in HFSS

The scan angle is just a quick way HFSS offers to shift a beam from normal (say for broadside) to a different angle. Behind the scenes, HFSS just takes your scan angle input in spherical coords, and applies a phase shift for each isotropic radiator into the discrete fourier transform to create the array factor that will be multiplied by the single element pattern.
For normal equal phase excitation of the sources, just leave the scan angle to zero in phi and theta or you can equally set the differential phase shifts to zero along the U,V Directions.

I hope this helps!

Re: Array in HFSS

Thanx 4 reply:D

i understand if i use scan angle for example; theta=phi = 90 degree. And Hfss makes phase shift for makes max gain on 90 degree right ? !

But how can i learn that phase shift value ????????

hello excuse me i design a phased array microstrip antenna and i want to see what degree my antenna scan in hfss plz help me?
:!:

hi
i never design phased array and i dont really know about this but i attach a file which explain the phase array and scan angel in hfss and if possible for pls send me your simulation to my email
ferdows_j@yahoo.com

Attachments

• Hsueh_Yuan_Pao.pdf
    298.4 KB · Views: 191

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back