Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Values for Input RC Filter for ADC

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakthivel.eee

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Reg:Input Filter for ADC

Dear All,
How to decide R and c values of input filter to ADC. I know that it is depends on the cutoff frequency which is maximum frequency of input signal. But what is maximum value of resistance and capacitance should be used at the input of ADC. Is there any other factors which decides these values like input impedence of ADC, Internal Capacitor of ADC etc.,?

I have used Op-amp for signal condtioning, Before opamp i have low pass filter. Is it necessary to use one more filter or capacitor after op-amp?

Thanks in advance,

Thanks & Regards,
Sakthivel.S

Re: Reg:Input Filter for ADC

Generally, it's a good idea to follow the ADC vendors reference design, at least if you don't have an exact understanding of the requirements.

Is it necessary to use one more filter or capacitor after op-amp?
May be, depending on the (unsaid) ADC type. It can be required to isolate ADC switching input currents from the OP or to reduce the noise bandwidth. Also in this regard, check the reference designs.

Dear Sir,
My ADC is SAR only

Sakthi

Reg:Input Filter for ADC

A SAR ADC needs a S/H-circuit, but not necessarily an input filter.

Dear Sir,
I am using the ADC in the microcontroller.. Does this not require input filter for anti-alising?

Sakthi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back