Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

validation of a project means what ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vlsi_maniac

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
project validation

hey everyone good morning.
i am new to this forum and i have seen some interesting topics being discussed.
i haven't work much on design or verification but i would like to what VALIDATION refers to.

Validation is checking the design after it exists physically ( checking functionality of IC) . verification is done after coding

validation is done, once the real silicon comes from the fab. The post silicon validation is done of board level and system level.

Example of Objective
The Client has commissioned XYZ Verification Ltd. to validate the ABC project. The validation serves as a design verification and is a requirement of all Client projects. The purpose of a validation is to have an independent third party assess the project design. In particular, the project's baseline, the monitoring plan (MP), and the project’s compliance are validated in order to confirm that the project design as documented is sound and reasonable and meets the stated requirements and identified criteria. Validation is a requirement for all projects and is seen as necessary to provide assurance of the quality of the project.

Scope:
The validation scope is defined as an independent and objective review of the project design document, the project’s baseline study and monitoring plan and other relevant documents. The information in these documents is reviewed against Kyoto Protocol requirements, UNFCCC rules and associated interpretations. XYZ Verification Ltd. has, based on the recommendations in the Validation and Verification Manual employed a risk-based approach in the validation, focusing on the identification of significant risks for project implementation and the generation of CERs.

The validation is not meant to provide any consulting towards the Client. However, stated requests for clarifications and/or corrective actions may provide input for improvement of the project design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back