Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UWB Radar Simulation in ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcomercuri

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would like to make a UWB Radar simulation in ADS. I don't know expecially how modeling the target, I mean I guess I need some variable delay but I don't know how I can do.

Somebody can help me? Someone has some examples in ADS?

Thanks a lot.

I just found a CW Radar examples but now a UWB Radar. My problem is still in modelling a continuous delay. I mean the UWB pulses have to be reflected off the target moving on a perioding and the continuous low. It means a Frequency Modulation, but I can succeed to do in ADS. Advises??? thanks

There is a block, called Dealy in ADS, that adds delay. In its options you can program it to add your periodic delay.

are you talking about Analog/RFdesign or DSP modality? I think the delay in ADS cannot be changed as a sinusoid

ok thank you very much

---------- Post added at 15:54 ---------- Previous post was at 15:49 ----------

there is also the possibility to use functions as sffm and put them as parameters but I can succeed

I do not know if I have correctly understand your question. Thus I am going to give you my two possible solutions
1)In Common Components there is a block named Delay: Insert in into your design and double click it. Its menu that opens gives you an option about Equation Editor. A new menu opens and tells you to insert the function, in your case the sin function. If you do not how to insert it, use the Simulator Functions Control under it. Furthermore you can do a search in the Search examples using delay and you will find quite a few examples
2)I guess that you probably want to insert some kind of fading in your model. If this is the case, again search with “fading” and there you will lots of examples.

I hope that I have helped you.

...I tried putting the equation sffm() but it doesn't work very good, I don't have the good shift, I think he gets just the first value of the sine (that's 0)...moreover I cannot give just a sine cause the dalay cannot be negative so I have to add some DC...however, are you talking about delay in time domain or in numeric domain in DSP modality?

thanks

...I did but I'm gonna try it again...thanks a lot...for further problems I'll contact u...thanks

Dear Tom, you were talking about VcDelayRF??? I didn't see it last days, I'm doing tests on it and look works...thank u so much for helping me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back