Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using ULN2003 to control 5 light bulbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilson82

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
From my research ULN2003 is use for high voltage /current driver. Im currently trying to connect up a circuit which i be using ULN2003 to control 5 light bulbs.
wat kind of diodes i need to use in the circuit? and is there other component i need to add to the circuit.?
My boad will link to motorola hc11.
thanks for replies.` =)

uln2003

What is the power consumption of your bulbs? you have to check their current against the current max that can be provided by the ULN2003.

You won't need diodes unless you want your bulbs to act like LEDs: light up only when current passes through a certain direction.

what is uln2003a

Just take a look at picture and you will understand! The text is about basic stamp, but for any uC is the same thing.

regards

meax98

what is uln2003?

thanks for the replies.. =)
jus tested the car light bulbs and bulbs for tourch light. the car one draw very high current... haiz... still looking for a suitable one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back