Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[51] Using TV remote as PC mouse control

Status
Not open for further replies.

guravsid

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to use TV remote control as mouse for PC. The output of TV remote is infrared signals. These signals are received by IR receiver (suppose TSOP1736), also, I want to know what is the output of this receiver and how to convert it into message which a PC can understand. I am using 8051 microcontroller between PC and IR receiver.

If your receiver is able to demodulate the signals by itself, you can directly feed it into microcontroller, just by adjusting the voltage levels(3.3 or 5v).

I want to use TV remote control as mouse for PC. The output of TV remote is infrared signals. These signals are received by IR receiver (suppose TSOP1736), then I want to know that what is the output of this receiver and how to convert it into message which PC can understand. I am using 8051 microcontroller between PC and IR receiver.

First you have to understand the protocol they have used to convert the IR singnal into ASCII. The you can decode it through uc code and send it to your PC....

When microcontroller receives signal, what operation should be done in the program so that the cursor will move into the direction given by remote control buttons. What is the algorithm for the program ?

- - - Updated - - -

First you have to understand the protocol they have used to convert the IR singnal into ASCII. The you can decode it through uc code and send it to your PC....

How to decode the signal in microcontroller code, so that the cursor will move in corresponding direction ?

First you need to know the Protocol Used by your TV Remote !! there are lots of protocol used by IR remotes !! If it RC5 protocol ,there are lots of readily available programs on net !!
You can get one here :**broken link removed** they have explained it very well !!

By using this program controller can decode the Button code transmitted by TV Remote ! AFter that u need to send decoded data to Computer & a Computer software will process that data to move cursor accordingly !!

But Remeber this program is only for decoding RC5 remotes !!

When microcontroller receives signal, what operation should be done in the program so that the cursor will move into the direction given by remote control buttons. What is the algorithm for the program ?

How to decode the signal in microcontroller code, so that the cursor will move in corresponding direction ?

At first you have to identify the format of the signal received from the remote. For that you need to study the remote's data format...
Then you have to decode it and encode it to PC signal...

Which computer software will process that data to move cursor accordingly and where it will get or how should I write that ?

you need driver for mouse which should be modified to the I/P as the uC singnal. Search for some mouse driver code...

this may help you..

**broken link removed**

The link given is not helping. Please give some hint or another link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back